- For hot flashes take dong quai, chaste tree and damiana 1 dropperful of tinctures of each OR 2 capsules of each once a day at noon
- If you want to take dong quai alone, take 500-700 mg tablets 3-5 times a week OR 1 cup of tea 3-5 times a week
- It is best to take it for a 6-8 week trial to see if it works for you.
- It is known to be an adaptogen, in that it levels your hormones whether they are too high or too low.
- It balances hormones and strengthens the adrenal glands.
- It boosts the immune system.
- It contains many vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
- Many use it to treat menopause symptoms.
If you have tried natural methods to treat your menopausal symptoms, I would love to hear from you!
Duke, J. A. (1997). The Green Pharmacy. Emmaus, PA: Rodale Press.
Pitchford, P. (1993). Healing with Whole Foods. Berkeley: North Atlantic Books.
Suma Root. (2011, July 3). Retrieved from Herbs List: http://www.herbslist.net/suma-root.html
Weil, A. (1995). Spontaneous Healing. New York: Ballantine Books.