Make a Healthy Sandwich
- Choose whole grain bread. Also make sure that it contains more than 2 grams of fiber per serving. You can use pita bread, bagels, wraps, or sandwich bread.
- Add lots of veggies - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, shredded carrots, avocado, etc.
- You can also make fillings out of tofu, beans, etc. For example tofu egg salad or bean spread.
- Other fillings include hummus, peanut butter and fruit spreads, grilled tofu or tempeh.
- Make homemade ketchup, plant-based mayonnaise or salad dressings for your sandwiches out of healthier ingredients.
Make a Pot of Soup
Here are 17 Hearty, Healthy Vegan Soup Recipes from Martha Stewart.
Another option if you have access to a microwave is to bring healthy leftovers for your lunch.